What is the difference between wordpress org vs com?
In this post we will see the wordpress org vs com difference. WordPress is the most popular CMS in the world. More websites are developing using WordPress. If you are new to WordPress then you must confuse with wordpress.org and wordpress.com.
- WordPress.com and WordPress.org are actually two very different platforms.
- If you search “WordPress” in Google you can see the two sites in the first page.
wordpress org vs com difference
- WordPress is free open source CMS.
- We can download it from wordpress.org.
- Then you can install it in your hosting server to develop a website.
- It is more flexible that why it is called self-hosted WordPress.
- This is a blog or website platform based on the WordPress Software.
- In this you need to create an account in WordPress.com.
- After you have create an account website will be available.
WordPress.org is free and easy to use. You can develop your site based on your wise. You can have full control over this.
- Need to purchase a hosting server.
- Buy a domain.
- Then you can install a WordPress and develop your site based on your requirement.
- Free plugin and theme are available.
- Some Market Places available where you can buy a high level themes and plugins.
WordPress.com is free but you have limited access only like
- Only subdomain will be provided.
- Cannot remove the company ads and branding from your site.
- Only limited access upto 3GB.
- Cannot install Plugin and also only free theme available.
- You cannot place your ads in the site.
Main difference between wordpress org vs com
|Cost||For wordpress.org, we need to buy a hosting server and domain.||Free available but you want more features we need to go for pro version |
Premium – $99 / year
Business – $299 / year
|Theme and Plugins||Free Plugins and themes available also we can add our own plugin and theme.||Only business plan have full access for plugin and theme. Premium plan have only limited theme option.|
|Domain||We can have a custom domain.||Only premium and business plan have this option.|
|Monetization||You can place your ads and earn from this.||Premium and business plan have this option with share revenue.|
|SEO||We can add SEO plugin and do the needful action.||Business plan have SEO option. Other plan does not have this option.|
|Full Control||You can have full control||No|
Final Thoughts about WordPress org vs comdifference
- If you are developing site for hobby then go with WordPress.com.
- You need to earn money from your site then choose WordPress.org.
Thank you for reading this post (What is the difference between wordpress org vs com). If you like this post share with your friends.