Sambar Indian foods: Ingredients
- 1 cup yellow lentils ( toovar daal)
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp sambar masala
- 3 Tbsp thickish tamarind pulp or 1 tsp tamarind concentrate
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- 7-8 leaves of curry leaves
- 2-3 whole dry red peppers
- 1 cup mixed vegetables, cut into approx.1″ cubes
- 1 big onion, cut into quarters
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves to garnish.
Cook daal with salt, till absolutely tender, no grains remain.
Add sambar masala, sugar and vegetables, including the onions, and cook till the vegetables are tender, and add tamarind. Heat oil in a saucepan and add the mustard seeds.
When they splutter, add the whole red peppers and the curry leaves. Turn around 2-3 times, then add the daal mixture.
Bring to a boil, and then simmer for about 5 minutes, Serve hot garnished with the coriander leaves.
Sambar Indian foods: Key Ingredients
Salt, Sugar, Tamarind, red chilli, Mustard Seeds, Curry Leaves, Onions, pigeon pea, onion, Vegetable Oil, Coriander Leaves.