- Tyda Park
- Borra Caves
- Gosthani River
- Tribal Museum
- Coffee Plantations
- Katiki waterfalls
- Dumbriguda Waterfalls
- Bheemili Beach
- Chaparai Waterfalls
About Araku valley
- Hills Station near Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh.
- Located on the Eastern Ghats at an altitude range of 900 to 1400 m above sea level.
- Spread over an area of 36 sq. km.
- One of the least polluted and less commercialized tourist destinations in South India.
- Araku valley very famous for coffee plantations.
- Araku Valley home to a number of tribal communities.
- This destination connect through both rail and road from Visakhapatnam,
- Araku valley also referred as Andhra Ooty.
- One of the most famous tourist places in Andhra Pradesh tourism.
- Araku valley is a perfect tourist destination with pleasant climate, lush greenery, waterfalls and streams.
- Interesting places to visit in araku valley including Borra caves, Tyda, Katiki Falls, Tribal Museum and Padma puram Botanical Gardens.
- Besides these the coffee plantations are a must visit for those who want to indulge themselves in the flavors of nature.
- The tourists can see tribal folk dances like Dhimsa and Mayuri.
- The Araku Tribal Museum houses rich tribal tradition and number of artifacts and displays related to Eastern Ghat Tribal Culture.
Reserved Forest in Araku Valley
- Ananthagiri Reserved Forest.
- Sunkarimetta Reserved Forest.
Araku valley surrounded by mountains like Galikonda, Raktakonda, Sunkarimetta and Chitamogondi.
Araku valley Hills & Peak
- Jindhagada Peak the tallest peak in Eastern Ghats
- The tallest in Andhra Pradesh situated near Araku.
- The Ananthagiri hills on the way to Araku Valley famous for coffee plantations.
- The hill also popular for its forests, lovely orchards and the serene environment.
- The valley also a perfect place for trekking and it offers several interesting trails.
Araku Valley Climate
The climate in araku valley is cooler than Visakhapatnam but temperature can go up to 42 °C in May month.
Travel Distance to Araku Valley
- 112 km from Vizag.
- 432 km from Vijayawada.
- 85 km from Vizianagaram.
- 26 km from Anantagiri.
- 635 km from Hyderabad.
Train Journey from Vizag to Araku
- Journey from Vizag to Araku a memorable experience.
- We can see 46 tunnels and several bridges through lush green valleys.
- Araku famous for the mustard flowers.
- This flowers change the landscape of the valley.
- In the months of November and December flowers change from green to yellow.
- Several accommodation facilities are available here.
AP Tourism runs very good resorts in Araku called Valley Resort (also called Yatri Nivas).
Nearest Airport to Araku valley
Vizag airport is the nearest airport.
- 107 km from Araku valley.
- Connected by
Railway Station in Araku valley
Two railway stations at Araku valley
- The Kothavalasa Kirandul railway line of Visakhapatnam division of the East Coast Railway.
- Shimiliguda railway station
- located at an altitude of 996 m above mean sea level.
- It is well connected to Vizag and Kirandul.
Buses to Araku Valley
Araku has frequent buses from Vizag and Vizianagaram.
Best Time to visit Araku Valley
Best time to visit Araku valley: September to May
Peak Season: September and March to May
Visiting Time: 1-2 days to visit all the places in and around Araku Valley
Thank you for reading this post. if you like this post please share with your friends.