Nilgiri Mountain Railway is very famous during travel to Ooty.
- Ooty is one of most famous tourist place in Tamil Nadu.
- Ooty is also known as queen of hills station.
If you visit to ooty don’t miss this Ooty toy train trip.
Nilgiri Mountain Railway
- This railway started in the 1908 by British Government.
- This railway trip is very famous and most attracted item in the ooty trip.
- Controlled by southern railway.
- In July 2005 UNESCO added the Nilgiri Mountain Railway as World Heritage site.
- Between Mettupalayam and coonoor is rack railway.
- This railway is only one rack railway in India.
- During Season Time, Special Train will be run by Southern Railway for tourist peoples.
- Special Train Ticket price will be vary from below price list.
Ooty Train Ticket Fare
- Second class ticket is 35 rupees.
- First class ticket is 200 rupees
you can book a ticket in online. Try to book a online ticket to avoid the difficult.
Because to take second class ticket to need to wait in a queue. If you get window seat it will be good. Otherwise you will not able to see all nature views.
- Uphills journey takes around 4.8 hrs
- Downhills journey take around 3.6 hrs.
Thank you for reading this post. if you like this post share with your friends.