Coakers walk is a man made walking area build on mountain. This coakers walk constructed on 1872 by lieutenant coaker.
This place is half a kilometer from kodai lake. The tourist people can spend one to two hours here.
From Coakers walk you can view the several places. They are
- Valley View
- You can view the green valley from this place. It look awesome to watch.
- Mountain View
- You can view the mountains from coaker walk.
- Shooting Spot
- You can take the best photos in this place like valley view, mountain, garden, mist view etc..,
- Dolphin Nose View
- Dolphin nose is one of the tourist attractions in kodaikanal. You can view the dolphin nose from this place.
- Walking Place
- This place is one of the best walking areas in kodaikanal
- Kurinji Garden
- You can view the kurunji garden in this place.
- Vaigai Dam View
- From this place you can view the vaigai dam view.
- Telescope House
- From telescope house you can view the vaigai dam, Dolphin nose, mountain view etc..,
- City View
- From this place you can also view the kodaikanal city.
- Medicine Garden
- Jewell box view
- Sky walk Area
Tourists can also take photos and view mist. This place is one of the must visit place during your visit.
Coakers Walk Entry Fee 2019
You can take the ticket in the entrance of Coakers walk. Coakers walk entry fee in 2019
- Adult – 20 Rs
- Child – 10 Rs
- Camera – 50 Rs
Best hotels near coakers walk
- Villa Retreat
- Address: Noyce road, Kodaikanal 624101, India
- Distance: 0,4 km away from coakers walk
- The Carlton
- Address: Lake road, Kodaikanal.
- Distance: 0.9 km away from coakers walk
- Kodai Resort
- Address: Coaker’s Walk, Kodaikanal
- Distance: 0.5 km away from coakers walk
Cheap and best restaurants near coakers walk
- MannManam Restaurant
- Silver Oak Restaurant
- AL Arab Restaurant
- MJR Restaurant
Places to visit in Kodaikanal
You can also visit other tourist places in kodaikanal. Some of them are
- Kodai lake
- Pillar Rocks
- Bryant Park
- Upper lake view kodaikanal
- La saleth church
- Devils Kitchen kodaikanal
- Pine forest
- Green valley view
Coakers Walk FAQ
Nearest cities to kodaikanal are Palani, Dindigul and Madurai.
Lieutenant coaker construct the coakers walk area in 1872.
Coakers walk entry fees are for adult 20 rupees, child 10 rupees and Camera 50 rupees.
Kodai Lake, Bryant park, Upper lake view
You can spend nearly one to two hours in this place. You can see several view point in coakers walk.
Yes, you can take entry ticket at the entrance of this place.
Plan your trip
If you plan your trip to kodaikanal then you can add this place in your watch list. You can also contact below travel agent. They have several tour plans.
- Travel Company: Taj Tours and Travels
- Phone No: 9842147494, 04542 242394
- Name: Vinoth
- Phone No: 8825576725
- During Kodaikanal tour, If you are looking for local guide. You can contact above person. He is experience hills driver and also local guide.
- Who can help you to visit all tourist places.
Thank you for reading this post. If you like this post please share with your friends.