Hello Friends, In this article we will see the best places to visit in Valparai. We will cover the below topics in this post.
- VALPARAI TOURIST PLACES
- WHAT YOU WILL SEE WHEN YOU TRAVEL TO VALPARAI ?
- BEST PLACES TO VISIT IN VALPARAI
- SHOLAYAR DAM VALPARAI
- ENTRY FEES
- HOW TO REACH SHOLAYAR DAM FROM VALPARAI
- MONKEY FALLS
- ALIYAR DAM
- HOW TO REACH ALIYAR DAM
- NIRAR DAM
- SHOLAYAR DAM VALPARAI
- HOW TO REACH VALPARAI FROM
- HOTELS IN VALPARAI
- Valparai is one of the best tourist places in South India.
- This place is located 3500 ft above sea level in Anamalai hills range of the Western Ghats.
- Valparai is a hill station in the Coimbatore district of Tamilnadu.
- Most of the Valparai land is owned by private tea companies.
- You can see a lot of Tea estates, Pepper plant, Jack fruit trees, Water reservoir.
What will you see when you travel to Valparai?
When you travel to valparai you can see:
- Tea estates
- Sandalwood trees
- Jack fruit trees
- Aliyar Dam view
- Animals like Monkeys, Nilgiri tahr, Elephants and other animals. If you are lucky you can also see Tigers.
Best Places to Visit in Valparai
- Aliyar dam pollachi
- Monkey Falls
- Sholayar Dam
- Nirar dam
- Manampalli Forest
- Balaji Temple
- Grass Hills
- Kadamparai Dam
- Karamalai Annai Velankanni Church
- Nallamudi ViewPoint
- Tea estate view
- Chinna Kallar Falls.
During this trip on athirapally valparai road to sholayar dam you can see beauty flowers, tea estates, pepper plants, jack fruit trees, water reservoir, climate is also awesome.
Once you visit the Sholayar Dam you can see the small park, sholayar dam house, sholayar dam, bridge connecting valparai and athirapally, natural plantations, green dense forest, hills view.
Water storage capacity of this Dam is 160 ft. This dam height is 66 meter and 430.6 meter length.
Upper sholayar dam is open for tourists. But Dam gate is not open all the time. During off season there is less water only in reservoirs.
You can enjoy the climate and natural beauty in the sholayar dam. Second deepest dam in Asia. Small park is near a dam you can enjoy with your children.
You can spend about an hour in this dam. Also be careful for leeches. You can see many leeches in the dam during the rainy season. So protect yourself from leech bites.
Sholayar Dam Entry Fee
No entry fee for sholayar dam.
- Bus stop is also near this dam.
- You can reach Sholayar dam by bus from Valparai bus stand.
- You need to catch the Valparai to Sheikalmudi bus.
- Bus fare from valparai to sholayar dam is 20 Rs.
- Every one hour a bus comes to this dam.
- Monkey Falls are the natural waterfalls which are located near to the valparai.
- This Falls is 30 km from Pollachi and 6 km from Aliyar dam.
- Entrance fees for Monkey Falls is Rs.20 per head and Rs.10 parking vehicle. Monkey Falls with a height of about 60 feet.
- Falls is near to the main road so it is completely comfortable for access by bus from Pollachi.
- Falls was very awesome and fantastic to see. It was very relaxing and the waterfalls were very beautiful.
- Aliyar dam is one of the best places to visit in valparai.
- If you plan a trip to the Valparai. On your trip you can visit this aliyar dam.
- You can reach Aliyar dam from pollachi.
- This dam is 24 km away from pollachi. Valparai aliyar dam is 42 km away.
- This place is the best picnic spot for family members, lovers and travelers.
Things to watch in this dam are different types for flowers, play station for children, Small waterfalls where you can take photos, Statues ( like former prime minister Nehru, Buddha, Lions, deer, women, soldiers), different types of trees, Mini theme park and much more.
- From aliyar dam you can also visit monkey falls.
- Monkey falls is 6 km away from this dam.
- You can see several shops in aliyar dam. Where you can buy some snacks, fish fry, cool drinks, fruits and also hotels are available near to this dam.
- You can also buy fresh fish here.
- You can spend 3 to 4 hrs in this place.
- The best time to visit the aliyar dam is between July and September.
How to reach aliyar dam
- From Pollachi you can reach Aliyar dam by two wheeler or car or bus.
- From pollachi bus stand buses are operated to aliyar dam.
- You can also reach via udumalpet too.
- If you want to travel aliyar dam by two wheeler or car you need to travel in Pollachi – Valparai road.
- From Udumalpet you need to travel in Anamalai – Dhali Road. This road is joined by Pollachi – Valparai road at a place called NM Sungam.
Nirar Dam is one of the best places to visit in valparai. This dam is located 15 km away from Valparai. The dam was constructed as part of the hydroelectric power project that powers many industries and homes in the plains.
It also plays an important role in terms of irrigation and supplies water to places in Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
It was a very decent Place in Dense Forest. You can reach Nirar dam by two wheeler or car. Buses are also available from the Valparai bus stand.
Valparai Tea Estate
Most of the land is private tea estates. The view of the tea estate is beautiful when you drive by car or bike.
You can view tea estates but not fully allowed in the estates. You can take photos and also buy tea products from these estates.
How to Reach valparai
You can reach valparai from Pollachi, Udumalpet, Chalakudy and also from other important cities like Coimbatore, Kochi.
How to reach valparai from Pollachi
You can reach valparai from pollachi. Pollachi to Valparai distance is 64 km.
On your travel to valparai from pollachi you can see the below places:
- Aliyar dam
- Aliyar dam view point
- Monkey falls
- Anamalai tiger reserve – where you can see animals like monkeys, Nilgiri Tahr, Elephants and Tigers also.
- Waterfalls Tea Estate
- Sandalwood trees
- Green Valley
- Nilgiri Tahr Crossing Zone
From Pollachi you can travel to Valparai by Bike, Car or Government buses.
This route has 40 Hairpin bends so you must have good driving skills to reach Valparai by two wheeler or car.
If you are not having good driving skills you can take a taxi from Pollachi or else you can reach Valparai by bus.
Buses operate from morning 1.20 AM to night. In the daytime you can get buses for each 20 mins.
Pollachi to valparai bus fare is 64 Rs.
You also need to take ticket in Anamalai check post if you drive by car or two wheeler.
Travelling time from pollachi to valparai by bus is 3.00 to 3.30 hours.
If you travel by bike or car time will reduce. Best option is to travel by car because animals ( Nilgiri Tahr, Elephants ) crossing are on this route.
During this trip you can feel the best climate. Some places where sunlight is not coming mist will cover it fully. Also the best route to travel valparai.
Pollachi is a famous city well connected with top cities in Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Karnataka. Top cities are Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Salem, Bangalore, Kochi etc..,. You can reach Pollachi by train or bus from these cities.
How to reach valparai from Udumalpet
You can reach Valparai from udumalpet also. If you are coming from the southern part of Tamilnadu. You can choose this route to avoid pollachi travel.
From udumalpet you can travel in Anamalai – Dhali road. This road joins in Pollachi – Valparai road at sungam. From sungam same route for pollachi and udumalpet.
You can reach Udumalpet from top cities in Tamilnadu like Madurai, Trichy and other Southern parts of Tamilnadu.
How to reach valparai from Chalakudy
If you are from kerala you don’t need to travel pollachi except from palakkad, Munnar. You can reach valparai from chalakudy.
Chalakudy is connected with top cities in Kerala like Kochi, Thrissur, Alappuzha. Chalakudy to Valparai distance is 107 km. Only a few private buses are running on this route.
Best option is you can reach by two wheeler or car. On your travel to Valparai on this route you can see the places like Sholayar Dam, Athirapally falls and also you can see animals like tigers, elephants and other animals also. Chalakudy to Valparai trip is awesome.
Best option is to drive by car because there are more elephant crossings on this route.
Cheap and best hotels in valparai under 1000 Rs
- Hotel Name: Mary Land Home Stay
- Phone no: +91 – 96262 11589
- Address: 8, 163, Pollachi Main Rd, Kamaraj Nagar, Valparai, Tamil Nadu 600041
- Hotel Name: Mani’s Home Stay
- Phone no: +91 – 94873 62165
- Address: MANI STORE, Kumaran Rd, Valparai, Tamil Nadu
- Hotel Name: Green Hill Hotel
- Phone no: +91 – 94434 09589
- Address: State Bank Road, Valparai, Tamil Nadu
The best time to visit Valparai is between September to March. Weather is awesome. You can enjoy the tea estates view and sightseeing places.
You can enjoy the climate of valparai. The climate in valparai is between 15 – 28 °C.
You can reach Sholayar dam from valparai by buses or two wheeler or car. Sholayar Dam is 24 km away from valparai. You need to travel in athirapally valparai road to reach this place.
You need to catch the Valparai to Sheikalmudi bus. Every one hour a bus comes to this dam.
Bus fare from valparai to sholayar dam is 20 Rs.
You can reach aliyar dam from pollachi by pollachi – valparai road. Pollachi is a well-connected city with all top cities in South India.
The distance between pollachi to valparai is 64 km.
Pollachi to valparai bus fare is 64 Rs.
Thank you for reading this post. Please share if you like this post.