There are lot of tourist attractions are here such us green valley, lakes, gardens, waterfalls, caves, dam etc..,. The main motive of this post is to help the tourist peoples easy know about the best places to visit in ooty and kodaikanal.
We will see the tourist places one by one.
Best places to visit in ooty and kodaikanal
- Ooty or Udhagamandalam is a hills station located in the nilgiris district.
- This Place also called as queen of hills.
- Main tourist places in Tamilnadu. Many tourist attraction are here.
- Ooty is located 86 km north of Coimbatore and 128 km south of Mysore.
- Ooty is the land of toda tribe peoples.
- The East Indian Company change this place to tourist places at end of 18th century.
- Ooty is connected by Nilgiri ghat roads and Nilgiri Mountain Railway.
- The climate in ooty is very cold.
- The highest temperature recorded in ooty is 25 °C.
- Average high temperature is between 17 to 20 °C and average low temperature is between 5–12 °C.
Many tourist attraction in ooty such us gardens, lakes, dam, reserved forest, waterfalls, tribal huts and museum. We will see the best places to visit in ooty below.
Best places to visit in Ooty – Ooty Sutrula Thalangal
- Nilgiri mountain railway started in the 1908 by British Government.
- This railway trip is very famous and most attracted item in the ooty trip.
- This railway is controlled by southern railway.
- In July 2005 UNESCO added the Nilgiri Mountain Railway as World Heritage site.
- Between Mettupalayam and coonoor is rack railway.
- This railway is only one rack railway in India.
- Ticket fare for second class is 35 rupees and first class ticket is 200 rupees it can be booked in online.
- Try to book a online ticket to avoid the difficult.
- Because to take second class ticket to need to wait in a queue.
- If you get window seat it will be good otherwise you will not able to see all beauty.
- The lake constructed by John Sullivan, in 1824.
- Boat house situated by the lake which offer the boating to the tourist peoples.
- Boating main attraction in the ooty lake.
- The boating house offers boating facilities with Paddle boats, Row boats, and Motor boats.
- Some other features near the lake mini train, garden and an amusement park.
- Ooty lake is the best place to visit in ooty.
Botanical Gardens one of the tourist place in ooty. This gardens was established in 1848. This garden cover an area of 55 acres. This Botanical garden maintained by the Tamil Nadu Horticulture Department.
- During the month of May, The summer festival the flower show is organized here.
- The first Flower Show was organised in the year 1896.
- This garden is one of the must visit place in ooty.
- The tourist will enjoy here. Botanical Garden is the best place to visit in ooty.
Rose garden one of the famous tourist place in ooty. This garden constructed in the year 1995 at Vijayanagaram in Ooty town.
- The flowers are arranged in five curving terraces covering four hectares.
- Rose garden is maintained by the Tamil Nadu Horticulture Department.
- Rose Garden is the best place to visit in ooty.
Dolphin’s Nose one of the tourist place in ooty. This place is 1550 meters above sea level. 10 km from coonoor, the tip of the peak resembles the dolphin’s nose so only this place called in this name.
From this peak you can see the several views and also we can the kotagiri falls.
- In this lake we can see the several variety of fishes and birds.
- Emerald lake is surrounded by tea estate.
- You can buy a good quality tea product here.
- We can reach to this lake by car or bike.
- Buses are not available for this lake.
- Other than lake no other place for tourist near to this place.
Kamaraj Sagar Lake
- Kamaraj sagar lake one of the tourist place in ooty.
- This lake is located 10 km away from ooty bus stand.
- This place is very entertaining and famous for film shootings.
- Doddabetta Peak one of the famous tourist place in ooty.
- This peak located 9 km away from ooty.
- This peak is the highest peak in Nilgiri mountain and fourth highest peak in South India.
- The name doddabetta means dodda means big, betta means hills in kannada language.
- The top of Doddabetta with two telescopes available for the public.
- The tourist can view the entire area of doddabetta peak using this telescopes.
Thread Garden is artificial garden featuring flowers, plants & lawns crafted from thread, canvas & wire. This garden more attraction to the tourist people who visit ooty.
- This garden is unique than any other places.
- Because the plants and flowers here show the hard work of man.
Pykara Lake is also important tourist place in ooty. The pykara is name of the rivers 19 km from ooty. The Pykara River is considered very sacred by the Todas tribe peoples. This Pykara waterfalls flows from this river with 55 metres and 61 metres.
- The boat house with restaurant is maintained by the Tamil Nadu Tourism and Development Corporation.
- The boating in pykara rives is more attraction to tourist.
Kodaikanal one of the most important tourist destinations in Tamil Nadu. oHill station and also called as Princess of Hills. Every year millions of tourists visit kodaikanal to enjoy the nature beauty.
- Some of the major tourist attractions in Kodaikanal are kodai lake, Guna Cave, Pillar Rock, Bryant Park and a number of places.
- Kodaikanal is the most preferred place for the Honeymoon.
We will see the best places to visit in kodaikanal below.
Best places to visit in Kodaikanal – Kodaikanal Sutrula Thalangal
Kodaikanal is one of the important tourist place in Tamilnadu. Kodaikanal is lies in the Palani hills range.
- When we think about the kodaikanal the first thing come to our mind is kodai lake or kodaikanal lake.
- This lake name is come from this places.
- We can reach kodaikanal by two ways.
- One is from the palani town and bus transport also available from the palani bus stand.
- Another ways is by kodai road.
- You can reach the kodai road by train from their you can take call-taxi or bus.
- Sir Vere Henry Levinge collector of madurai want to settle in kodaikanal after his retirement.
- In the year 1863 the henry levinge created the lake with the help of missionaries from USA.
- He also buy the boat from tuticorin for boating on this lake.
This kodaikanal lake is only 500 meter far from the kodaikanal bus stand. This kodaikanal lake is best tourist places for entertainment. There are lot of entertainment thing in this lake such us boating, cycling, horse riding and much more.
For shopping also this place is best. There are lot of shop near to the lake. Where you can buy the statues, ornament, herbal product, cloths, Artifacts etc.., Tibetan shop also here where you can buy the handmade artifacts, gifts, warn dress etc..,
Click Here to read more about Kodaikanal Lake
- Berijam Lake is must visit place in kodaikanal.
- To visit this berijam lake you need to get approval from the forest department before you arrive.
- The berijam lake is located 21 kms from the kodaikanal town.
- The tourist will be granted from 9 am to 3.30 pm.
- The two wheeler are not allowed here only four wheeler allowed because animals crossing is their.
- If you’re lucky you can view the animals during the travel to the berijam lake.
- Berijam lake is best place to visit in kodaikanal.
Pine forest one of the main tourist attraction in kodaikanal. Good places for sightseeing and best place for taking photos. The pine forest is one of must visit place in kodaikanal. Horse Riding, Photo shoot are famous in this pine forest.
You can see the two massive pillar rocks, nature beauty, cloud and mist in this places. The Pillar rocks is one of must visit place in kodaikanal.
Guna caves one of the major tourist attractions in Kodaikanal. The place was later named after the actor Kamal Haasan’s film Guna before that, the place was called the Devil’s kitchen.
Many people have lost their lives in this cave. Tamil Nadu government ban the tourist to visit this places and also rope fence is set 100 feet before the cave starts.
To read more about this place click here: Devils Kitchen
Bryant park is very popular tourist attraction in kodaikanal. This bryant park is near to the kodai lake. The park is best picnic spot for tourist.
The tourist can see the different variety of flowers and big trees which bring you close to nature.
Coakers walk is a man made walking area build on mountain. This coakers walk constructed on 1872 by lieutenant coaker.
- This place is half a kilometer from kodai lake.
- The tourist people can spend one to two hours here.
- Beautiful places to view wonderful green valley and hills of mountains.
- Tourist can take photos and view mist.
- This place is one of must visit place in kodaikanal.
- Coakers walk is best place to visit in kodaikanal.
To read more about this place click here: Coakers Walk
- Moir point is one of the popular view point in kodaikanal.
- Sir Thomas Moir started to develop a Goschen Road in the year 1929.
- Best picnic spot
- Moir point monument
- View Point from moir point
To read more about this place click here: Moir Point
Upper Lake View
- Upper lake view point is one of the much visit places during kodaikanal tour.
- From this place you can view the Kodai lake in the India map space.
- This lake is man-made lake.
- Boating, Cycling, Horse riding are very famous in this lake.
- This view point is in upper lake road.
To read more about this place click here: Upper lake view kodaikanal
Golf course kodaikanal
Golf course in kodaikanal is one of the most famous golf grounds in India. This course is located 6 kilometers away from kodaikanal town. This course have 18-hole. many celebrities are members in this golf club.
People are allowed a few years ago to visit this place. but some people damage this place so they didn’t allow tourists to visit this place.
Thank you for reading this post. if you like this best places to visit in ooty and kodaikanal share with your friends.